- 08-Nov-2013 to 13-Nov-2013 (CST)
- Kitchener, ON, CAN
- Full Time
AGS Automotive Systems, a member of the J2 Group of Companies, has been delivering innovative, quality products and services in the automotive industry for over 60 years. AGS is a multi-plant, full-service supplier with capabilities ranging from stamping, MIG welding, plating, and painting to plastics capability, as well as assembly and sequencing services. AGS has operations in both Canada and the United States and is recognized for its technological and process excellence and innovative leadership ...an organization that persistently strives to 'change the automotive landscape'. AGS achieves this vision through our commitment to quality, use of innovative technology across all operations, and leadership's commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
Our AGS Cambridge Plant is seeking a Production Supervisor due to the Plant's rapid growth. Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coaching employees to achieve goals and maintain established standards of safety, customer service, quality standards, productivity and good housekeeping. Shift work will be required.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Responsible for maintaining safe working conditions and practices to ensure the safety of all employees. Ensures employees know how to perform each job assigned to them in an efficient manner and they are fully aware of the correct and safe way to operate their equipment. Ensures employees comply with Company standards on the use of personal protective equipment. Responsible for recognizing and rectifying unsafe working condition. Maintains excellent housekeeping in the department by performing regular inspections of your department(s). Ensures that a proper investigation of any accident is completed and reported in a timely manner.
• Responsible for maintaining the Technical System Procedures and Instructions within your department(s).
• Responsible for leading and motivating employees, challenges the status quo, implements creative and innovative solutions. Provides direction to employees in facility related matters. Responsible for scheduling and assigning of daily duties of all employees. Reviews completed work for conformance to standards.
• Delivers on commitments made and treats people at all levels fairly and with respect.
• Responds to employees concerns in a timely manner (general issues, safety concerns, grievances, etc).
• Responsible for providing employees with clear and specific performance feedback.
• Improves employees' performance through coaching, training and development activities. Ensures employees receive training in the areas of equipment, safety and any other areas that will help them to excel in their assignments.
• Responsible for completing and distributing all required reports in a timely manner (attendance tracking, overtime sheets, etc).
• Responsible for communicating relevant information to employees (customer related, quality, safety, etc.) by developing proper communication methods.
• Ensures that when disciplinary action is required, it is carried out in accordance with the collective agreement and procedures/policies. Answers applicable grievances at the 1st step.
• Authorizes employee's vacations and leaves of absences.
• Interacts with the Maintenance department supervisors and employees to ensure your equipment is maintained.
• Post secondary education or equivalent experience. Ideally have three or more years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment. Familiar with automatic production equipment, robotics, assembly welding and press shop operations.
• Excellent leadership, planning, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other manufacturing related software.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation and experience in administering collective agreements would be an asset.
AGS is offering competitive compensation, including an employee incentive plan together with an excellent benefits package.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings